[The stream is slated to start at 11:15 ET. Please refresh the page if you do not see a player above at that time.]
More than 1 billion tons of food is wasted yearly. And agriculture continues to be a significant driving pressure of local weather change.
With world leaders trying to make sure the post-coronavirus restoration is one which’s sustainable and inclusive, the want to enhance farming and food systems has by no means been extra pressing.
To discuss the key points at stake, CNBC’s Steve Sedgwick speaks with a panel of specialists at the digital Davos Agenda, together with:
- Dongyu Qu, director-general of the the United Nations’ Food and Agriculture Organization
- Wiebe Draijer, chairman of the managing board at Rabobank
- Ramon Laguarta, CEO of PepsiCo
- Carlos Alvarado Quesada, president of Costa Rica
- Agnes Kalibata, particular envoy for the United Nations’ Food Systems Summit
- Amina Mohammed, deputy secretary-general of the United Nations