Viral Fission is a platform that bridges the hole between India’s most succesful youth and the brands they love, by way of engagements and experiences. It was launched in December, 2019. We are publishing an interview the founders (Rishab Shetty, Shreyas Hegde and Aditya Anand).
Q. What is the drawback you are attempting to unravel? Please share with us any insights that led you to imagine that this is a large enough drawback?
Ans: Helping ‘Two ends of the ecosystem’. On the youth facet, we aspire to create significant high quality internship alternatives with prime brands of the nation. On the different hand, we give brands entry to the ever-changing youth and be related to the future generations.
Q. Please inform us about the founders
Ans: The founders in the summer season of 2015 amidst of discovering themselves an internship ended up creating what is as we speak one among the largest youth internship driving platforms. Rishab and Shreyas the co-founders have been on a hiatus pursuing MBAs and discovering themselves in company/enterprise. The thought was rebooted in November 2019, reigniting a brand new wave of spark amongst a passionate group of individuals. The lockdown that led to lull in the pupil’s life and construction was a catalyst for the staff to activate the launchpad to early summer season of 2020.Promising the group aspirational, younger and brands they love, Viral Fission delivered on the similar.
Since then they’ve 6 aspirational brands below their roster inside a span of 6 months. They organised India’s one among the largest digital launch occasion referred to as ‘The Big Wave’ with which they on boarded 5000 younger abilities in the Viral Fission group. These abilities who’ve been shortlisted by way of a rigorous choice course of pan – India, will now be engaged on duties supplied by Viral Fission and show their mettle to win the most prized internship with their favorite model.
The launch additionally witnessed youth icons like Rannvijay Singha, Jordindians and Prateek Kuhad inspiring the youths of the nation to comply with their goals whereas engaged on it tougher each day.
Q. List all the names of the core Team Members, alongside with their Designated Roles – How you see them evolving over time. What could be every of their Skill Sets? – Elaborate additionally if any of the staff members has particular area experience.
Ans: Here’s the core staff operating the present:
- Rishab Shetty, COO & Co-Founder: With an expertise of working with the a few of largest advertising and marketing companies like Mindshare, a foodie at coronary heart his abilities of discovering expertise throughout the nation and community led him to not solely create but additionally handle one among the largest youth networks in the nation at Viral Fission.
- Shreyas Hegde, CEO & Co-Founder: With over 6 years of expertise in company finance and fairness analysis, he has labored with groups abroad. On an everyday day, you’d discover Shreyas leaping between conferences and approving concepts, being one among the grasp thoughts of this disruptive community-first startup he certainly is aware of how you can construct one for himself.
- Aditya Anand, Chief Revenue Officer: With over 5 years of expertise in the area of digital media, specializing in driving income features, he has labored with corporations like Culture Machine and Bytedance India earlier than combining forces with the VF crew. The sound of the cash-register going KACHING is what makes Aditya tick.
- Shreya Nair, Creative Director: Shreya is the artistic director at VF & “TBH”. A copywriter graduate from Miami Ad School with over 7 years of expertise in digital advertising and marketing, content material technique, creator administration and content material execution. In her tenure, she has closely-worked and collaborated with Facebook, YouTube and Times group for various tasks/creators. Her final gig was to develop brandedcontent with creators and influencers throughout varied digital platforms and drive digital marketing campaign resonance through-the-line.
- Abeeshek Pandit, Chief Finance Officer: Abeeshek Pandit has accomplished commencement in BE mechanical and post-graduation in MBA finance. Close to five years of labor expertise which incorporates car sector and the fund business, Abeeshek is utterly information pushed and has an analytical mindset although he is at present studying to take choices based mostly on intestine emotions.
- Ankur Johar, Group product & Brand strategist: Ankur Johar, aka Enkore, one among India’s most well-respected hip-hop artists, has additionally been concerned in constructing communities from a younger age, starting with the hip hop group Voice of The People based by him, then being introduced on board to create, and construct the school expertise community ATKT.in and has been onboard since the Viral Fission relaunch in November 2019.
Q. Tell us about the Product / Solution. How did you get your first buyer? Explain the way you went about the Product-Market Fit Process.
Ans: In the west, internships act as a gate-way for the youth to check out their arms at sensible experiences at places of work to achieve readability for his or her future profession paths. In India, nonetheless, we felt that the high quality of internships have been poor & therefore we noticed a transparent want for good high quality internships in the nation. The brands are struggling to get in-roads into the Gen-Z inhabitants and seize the consideration of a TG that has extraordinarily quick consideration spans and are extremely opinionated in nature. We noticed these as alternative pillars, which type the base of the basis stone of our firm and its imaginative and prescient.
Q. What is your USP?
Ans: Its an actual time answer which reveals reside progress of campaigns on particular person units. There is 5-layer pupil verification and choice course of the place the pupil will get rated on their artistic skills, talking skills, presentation abilities and social media presence. Brands can view the progress of pupil’s actual time through our internet and cellular app. Journey by way of totally different ranges by performing a wide range of duties to earn factors, unique merch, entry to ask solely occasions and alternatives to work with the most aspired brands throughout the nation.
Q. What have been your assumptions once you entered the market, studying that you’ve got? Who in your thoughts is your splendid buyer? Do you might have no less than one among them signed up?
Ans: We imagine that any model that desires to stay related and seize the consideration of the youth is the excellent model for us. The “ideal customers” are brands that not solely have distinctive choices focused in direction of the youth, but additionally are aspirational brands the place the youth would need to work. E-commerce, Fashion, OTTs, Food & Beverage are just a few sectors the place we see a direct and seamless match for our choices. We have signed up with just a few of the brands – JioSaavn, Vice India, OnePlus, Myntra, Mirror Now, Noise.
Q. What has been your largest failure as an entrepreneur and what did you be taught from it??
Ans: We imagine that we’re way too early and intensely fortunate to not have seen dangerous days but, however are ready to face any such challenges with grace and humility.
Q.: Please inform us about the buyers (if any)
Ans: We are at present bootstrapped.
Q.: Is there any attention-grabbing success story of your startup? If sure, please write about it. ?
Ans: VICE India X Netflix – Over 1.2 Lac content material related feedback throughout four video posts on IGTV
– OnePlus – Over 400 OnePlus customers created UGC round Diwali Celebrations and posted as insta posts utilizing branded #
– JioSaavn – Over 400 college students participated and created over 1200 personalised messages that was despatched alongside with the Chavi Sodani music video + Filter based mostly UGC created for Insta
– Myntra – over 1500 college students participated in the Fashion Project – a UGC Based contest created round the Myntra Fashion Superstar IP – helped in driving engagement on the MFS insta deal with and inspired tune-ins into the present
– Mirror Now – Over 1000 college students participated on this cause-based initiative by Times Television Network to encourage conversations round Mental Health and tackle the taboos round the subject
Q. Since inception, give us a way of the worth of enterprise carried out by your enterprise? Please clarify intimately.
Ans: 5000+ Hand-picked ambassadors are part of our community. We have pushed over 10Okay UGC posts, over 2.5 Lac+ brand-engagement and over 5 million cumulative views. Our 5K sturdy youth-network has a distinctive attain of over 1Mil youth/college students throughout the nation, in over 60 cities.
Q. What is the massive image of your startup? Is this Product/service resulting in one thing greater? If so, how?
Ans: We imagine that we’re shaping the shiny and sensible minds that may develop into leaders of tomorrow, by giving them sensible experiences through our internship program. The bigger image is to finally develop into the one-stop group platform for every part the youth can consider and past.
Q. Who do You Perceive as Your Competition? How do you differentiate your self with them?
Ans: We imagine that at present we’ve just one competitor (and a big inspiration to us) globally – Youth Marketing Connection (YMC).
Q. What could be your purpose to perform in the subsequent six months? Any different info you wish to share?
Ans: The purpose is to begin monetisation in a big way and get atleast 10 extra aspirational brands to companion with us. We additionally aspire to scale up our Youth Ambassador community from 5000 to over 15000.
Q. What message do you need to convey to fellow entrepreneurs?
Ans: Always imagine in the individuals you encompass your self with. Be a people-first organisation, since companies are made by individuals.